Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cupid's Chase 5k

Well, I am in process of training for a half-marathon. I don't know what I was thinking but I am committed at this point and part of it was running a 5k practice race. So, despite a stomach bug, we headed to ABQ for a race. Here is the story in pics as taken by Fred.

Before

Photobucket

Warm-up

Photobucket

Off I go

Photobucket

Finished

Photobucket

It ended up being over 5k by about .7 miles but I was gld I did it. It looks like maybe I won it being the only one in the picture and all, but, alas, I did not win. We left right after I came in; we had a busy day ahead...because of this, Lukey asked me, "Why did you come in last Mommy?" I explained to him that although it looked like I was last (he had been watching all the people who came in before me) I was not and there were LOTS of people behind Mommy. My little cheerleaders are the best part of the finish. Stay tuned, hopefully, for the goal race in April.

No comments: